My oh my, February literally FLEW by, it was incredible how quickly this month came to an end. I have been working like crazy, sometimes 50 hour weeks, which is making for great paychecks and great additions to my savings account, so I’m very thankful for that!
Let’s do a quick review of last month’s goals before I list my March plans.
My February goals were:
Continue going to the gym at least 3 times a week(I’ve actually begun running outside as well as going to the gym, so I’ve been active at least three times a week!)
- Keep up with our devotional (We have started to slack off on this, I need to make a more concrete schedule)
- Attend church at least twice this month (I didn’t end up going at all, I’m having trouble rectifying some political differences I have with the church I have been attending, I’m considering either trying a new church or giving this one another chance)
- Start and finish reading Peter Pan (wait until you see the gorgeous copy I got at Barnes and Noble!) (I have started Peter Pan, but I actually started and finished a different book this month called Sarah’s Key, a review coming soon!)
- Find a part-time babysitting job to bring in extra money for savings (This was a big fail, I contacted some families but haven’t been able to find one yet)
Start and stick to a budget (based on Nancy and Em’s recommendations–thanks so much for these series, ladies!!)(I have been doing a really good job at this! I’ve implemented an envelope system that I am absolutely loving, and it has allowed for extra expenses like MTH!) Send two happy notes/packages to friends this month(Yes! Multiple notes got sent out to peeps this month!) Design, print, and mail invitations to Leah’s bridal shower by Feb 23rd(Done!!! A post reviewing these coming up soon!)
While not all of the goals were completed, I still feel incredible accomplished this month! And here we go for next month:
March 2013 Goals
- Find a new book to read this month, head to my local library to find some good ones
- Run at least 8 miles a week. I have started running 2 miles fairly easily, and I want to work up to running a 5k as often as I can
- Finish Lara Casey’s goal planning series before MTH on March 13-14
- Attend MTH and really focus on my goals for this year
- Celebrate my Mom’s birthday in a fun, and cost effective way
- Go to NYC for Leah’s Bach Weekend and have an AMAZING time with my best friends
March is going to be full of a lot of fun weekends (and weekdays!) and I for one am THRILLED to start it off on the right foot today! I’m off for a run!